[bionet.software] Authorin for the Macintosh

chh9@quads.uchicago.edu (Conrad Halton Halling) (10/19/90)

We received our copy of Authorin 2.0 for the Macintosh today.  The
package contains 2 disks, but although the disks are labeled as
"Program Disk 1" and "Program Disk 2", the two disks are identical and
are Program Disk 1.  So we are missing the help files that should be on
program Disk 2.

I'm posting this just to warn other readers of this newsgroup of this
problem.  When your package arrives, check your disks right away.
I have sent a separate note to authorin@genbank.bio.net
requesting a copy of disk 2.
--
Conrad Halling
chh9@midway.uchicago.edu

kristoff@GENBANK.BIO.NET (Dave Kristofferson) (10/19/90)

> We received our copy of Authorin 2.0 for the Macintosh today.  The
> package contains 2 disks, but although the disks are labeled as
> "Program Disk 1" and "Program Disk 2", the two disks are identical and
> are Program Disk 1.  So we are missing the help files that should be on
> program Disk 2.
>
> I'm posting this just to warn other readers of this newsgroup of this
> problem.  When your package arrives, check your disks right away.
> I have sent a separate note to authorin@genbank.bio.net
> requesting a copy of disk 2.
> --
> Conrad Halling
> chh9@midway.uchicago.edu

Conrad,

We will, of course, send you a working copy of disk 2 and will also
send one to anyone else if this turns out to be more than just an
isolated incident.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager

				kristoff@genbank.bio.net

kristoff@GENBANK.BIO.NET (Dave Kristofferson) (10/19/90)

After a bit of additional investigation, I believe that the problem
reported by Conrad is limited to at most the first day's shipment of
about 25 sets in the **worst** case scenario.  These were duplicated
by hand in-house and it is possible that one or more may have been
mixed up.  We have not received any other reports back yet to indicate
that the problem occurred in more than just this one instance.  The
disks that were duplicated in quantity were just rechecked and are
correct.  Nonetheless we will replace any diskettes found be to
defective.  If you need a replacement, please send your request to
authorin@genbank.bio.net.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager

				kristoff@genbank.bio.net

smith@mcclb0.med.nyu.edu (10/19/90)

In article <1990Oct18.185356.7353@midway.uchicago.edu>, chh9@quads.uchicago.edu (Conrad Halton Halling) writes:
> We received our copy of Authorin 2.0 for the Macintosh today.  The
> package contains 2 disks, but although the disks are labeled as
> "Program Disk 1" and "Program Disk 2", the two disks are identical and
> are Program Disk 1.  So we are missing the help files that should be on
> program Disk 2.

Could AUTHORIN just get posted to this newsgroup BINHEXed? Or is it too big?

|Ross Smith, Cell Biology,  NYU Medical Center,  550 First Ave.,  NYC, 10016|
|Phone: (212) 340-5356: FAX: (212) 340-8139 (Alternate NYUMC) (212) 340-7190|
|E-Mail:  SMITH@NYUMED.BITNET (BITNET),  SMITH@MCCLB0.MED.NYU.EDU (Internet)|

kristoff@genbank.bio.net (David Kristofferson) (10/19/90)

Since this question has come up several times today, everyone please
be informed that we will put AuthorIn for the Mac up for anonymous FTP
fairly soon.  You will be able to pick it up and we will provide the
file for the manual as well (although you won't get the bound version
that we'll mail to you if you request it by regular mail ... frankly I
would think that getting the manual is worth a few days to a week wait
but I guess that we have a lot of eager users out there 8-).

Due to its size, I'm less keen on distributing the thing over USENET
and then having to support any problems that might develop if
something gets truncated.
--
				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson