[bionet.software] sort by OPT score in fasta

elliston@av8tr.UUCP (Keith Elliston) (10/26/90)

 Hi

Does anyone out there know if there is a way to force FastA to sort the list
of output scores by the Opt score?  I have a user that seems to think that
this score is more important that the init1 and initn scores.

We are running the GCG implementation of FastA, but if it works for the
generic version, I can figure out a way to make it work for the GCG version.

Thanks

Keith
uunet!av8tr!elliston
Keith O. Elliston       |    .signature really under construction....
uunet!av8tr!elliston    |

wrp@biochsn.acc.Virginia.EDU (William R. Pearson) (11/07/90)

In article <573@av8tr.UUCP> elliston@av8tr.UUCP (Keith Elliston) writes:

>Does anyone out there know if there is a way to force FastA to sort the list
>of output scores by the Opt score?  I have a user that seems to think that
>this score is more important that the init1 and initn scores.

	The latest release of fasta (version 1.5) does this.  It is much
slower, however, because it calculates an optimized score for every sequence
in the library with an initn score over the cut off.  However, this makes
it somewhat more sensitive.

	You can pick it up via anonymous ftp from uvaarpa.virginia.EDU.

Bill Pearson