[bionet.software] Directory of shareware

rdkeys@CCVR1.CC.NCSU.EDU (Bob Keys) (03/07/91)

Dr. Hugo:

I would also be interested in such a molbio dos ftp list.
I am sure that the entire subscription list would also.

You might consider posting a short followup with your findings.

Thanks... rdkeys@ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu

:wq

jkramer@molbio.med.miami.edu (Jack Kramer) (03/07/91)

In article <9103062236.AA07010@genbank.bio.net> rdkeys@CCVR1.CC.NCSU.EDU (Bob Keys) writes:
>Dr. Hugo:
>
>I would also be interested in such a molbio dos ftp list.
>I am sure that the entire subscription list would also.

Try the ftp.sites list available via anonymous ftp from
pilot.njin.net.  It lists all the major anonymous ftp sites
including MSDOS as well as other operating systems.

In the meantime you could start with iubio.bio.indiana.edu and
menudo.uh.edu both of which have collections for molbio software.

EMBL has recently stated that their internet connection was very
close now so you might watch for this also.

donnel@helix.nih.gov (Donald A. Lehn) (03/07/91)

In article <9103062236.AA07010@genbank.bio.net> rdkeys@CCVR1.CC.NCSU.EDU (Bob Keys) writes:
>Dr. Hugo:
>
>I would also be interested in such a molbio dos ftp list.
>I am sure that the entire subscription list would also.
>
>You might consider posting a short followup with your findings.
>
>Thanks... rdkeys@ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu
>
>:wq

For those who want to FTP MS-DOS sequence analysis files:
FTP sites include:
	menudo.uh.edu
	iubio.bio.indiana.edu
	ncbi.nlm.nih.gov - for a great multiple sequence alignment
package that runs undes MS-Windows 3.0.

Software is also avaliable via the EMBL mail server.  To get instructions
mail the following request:

<mail netserve@embl.bitnet> ---- unix mail command
HELP SOFTWARE
DIR DOS_SOFTWARE

The mail message should only contain the two lines (HEL... and DI...)
with no subject.

I hope this helps everyone.
Best regards,
Don Lehn