[bionet.software] Boxed alignment program

Peter.Rice@EMBL-HEIDELBERG.DE (Peter Rice) (03/26/91)

My posting about a GCG boxed alignment program has generated quite a few
requests for more information.

I am hoping to complete the latest updates to the program in time for it
to be included with GCG 7.0 in the UNSUPPORTED saveset. That means it will
be distributed with the GCG package (unless you get it on 1600 bpi tapes, as
there may not be enough room on the tape).

I will also make a copy available using the EMBL NETSERV, which you can
use by sending E-mail with the text HELP to NETSERV@EMBL-Heidelberg.DE
(or NETSERV@EMBL.bitnet), and exploring the SOFTWARE directory. The server
has Mac, VAX, Unix and PC programs.

The boxed alignment program should be included on NETSERV early in April.

                                        regards,

                                        Peter Rice

 Peter Rice, EMBL                             | Post: Computer Group
 Internet:    Peter.Rice@EMBL-Heidelberg.DE   |            Biology Laboratory
 EARN/Bitnet: rice@embl.bitnet                |       Postfach 10-2209
                                              |       D-6900 Heidelberg
 Phone:   +49-6221-387247                     |       Germany

rodrigol@ulrik.uio.no (Rodrigo Lopez) (03/27/91)

In article <9103252258.AA20111@genbank.bio.net>,
Peter.Rice%EMBL@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (Peter Rice) writes:
> Dan,
>
> >I'm looking for a program which will allow me to draw boxes around
identical
> >residues in a multiple seqence alignment.

> >Surely some of the alignment programs can do this.  One which will
run on a PC
> >DOS system is preferable but a MAC would be OK too.  The third option
is an IBM
> >mainframe running VM/CMS.
> >I'd appreciate any information that you can provide, be it the
program name or
> >an FTP site which holds it.  Thanks.
>
> Well, you did say "any information". I have a program that uses the
GCG package

------
>  Peter Rice, EMBL                             | Post: Computer Group
>                                               |       European
Molecular
>  Internet:    Peter.Rice@EMBL-Heidelberg.DE   |            Biology
Laboratory
>  EARN/Bitnet: rice@embl.bitnet                |       Postfach
10-2209
>                                               |       D-6900
Heidelberg
>  Phone:   +49-6221-387247                     |       Germany

Peter,

	Which program?

****
* RODRIGO LOPEZ SERRANO              Biotechnology Centre of Oslo
*
* Tel: xx-02-958766                  Gaustadalleen 21
*
* Fax: xx-02-694130                  P.B. 1125 Blindern
*
*                                    0316 Oslo 3 Norway
*
* rodrigol@biomed.uio.no
*
* rodrigol@ulrik.uio.no