[bionet.software] Joe Felsenstein's "Phylip" programs

j_dall@fennel.cc.uwa.oz.au (04/08/91)

I am looking for an ftp site, or at least information on getting hold of
Joe Felsenstein's "Phylip" programs.  Or better still, can anyone supply me
with Joe Felsenstein's e-mail address, so I can correspond with him
directly.

Thanks in advance,
Joe Dall
Dept Clinical Immunology
Royal Perth Hospital
(J_DALL@FENNEL.CC.UWA.OZ.AU)

harper@csc.fi (04/09/91)

In article <1991Apr8.175032.3180@fennel.cc.uwa.oz.au>, j_dall@fennel.cc.uwa.oz.au writes:

Jd> I am looking for an ftp site, or at least information on getting hold of
Jd> Joe Felsenstein's "Phylip" programs.  Or better still, can anyone supply me
Jd> with Joe Felsenstein's e-mail address, so I can correspond with him
Jd> directly.
Jd>
Jd> Thanks in advance,
Jd> Joe Dall
Jd> Dept Clinical Immunology
Jd> Royal Perth Hospital
Jd> (J_DALL@FENNEL.CC.UWA.OZ.AU)

Running ARCHIE I come up with the following hits for Phylip.
You should be able to get the package from either of these ftp sites.

 archie> prog phylip
# matches / % database searched:   17 / 96%

 Host evolution.genetics.washington.edu   (128.95.12.41)
Last updated 22:00 29 Mar 1991
    Location: /pub
      FILE      rw-r--r--    877490  Dec  4 18:39   phylip.arc

Host arsun.anthro.utah.edu   (128.110.190.2)
Last updated 21:34 29 Mar 1991
    Location: /pub
      FILE      rw-r--r--    877490  Dec  6 22:40   phylip.arc

-=ROB=-