[bionet.software] an amino acid sequence query

POSTMAST@gunbrf.bitnet (04/26/91)

From:   edu%"prschneeman@ucdavis.edu" 25-APR-1991 16:32:37.17
To:     bio-soft@genbank.bio.net
CC:
Subj:   an amino acid seqence query

Date: 25 Apr 91 10:50:56 PST
From: prschneeman@ucdavis.edu (Paul Schneeman)
To: bio-soft@genbank.bio.net
Subject: an amino acid seqence query

Dear Folks--

We have a PDB file which gives the coordinates of the alpha-carbons only
of a protein, along with the residue sequence itself.  The question is--
is there an easy, publicly available program available to add the estimates
in for all the other atoms?  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Paul Schneeman, UCDavis
prschneeman@ucdavis.edu

POSTMAST@gunbrf.bitnet (04/26/91)

First, pardon me for accidently reposting the original query.  Since it
happened, I will not repeat the message in this reply.
Some commercial molecular modeling do make provision for doing this, but no
public domain programs yet that I am aware of.  One method for doing it was
recently published.

@article{alphaonly,
author = "Liisa Holm and Chris Sander",
title = "Database Algorithm for Generating Protein Backbone and Side-chain
Co-ordinates from a {C$^\alpha$} Trace",
year = 1991,
journal = "J. Mol. Biol.",
volume = "218",
pages = "183-194"}