[bionet.software] Mac Binhex40

donnel@helix.nih.gov (Donald A. Lehn) (04/26/91)

I have been trying to get a copy of BINHEX40 that I can transfer directly
to a Mac and have work.  I have tried to use the binhex.macbinary file from
the [ARCHIVE.UTIL.MAC] directory at iubio.bio.indiana.net but it doesn't
work. (I did manage to get another program from that directory -
arcmac.macbinary - to work so I know that my file transfers are ok.) I also
tried to get a usable file from other servers but alas none of these
programs worked.  Does anyone know where I can get a working copy of this
program?

Best regards,
Don Lehn
Email: donnel@helix.nih.gov

bryans@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (B. Charles Siegfried) (04/26/91)

donnel@helix.nih.gov (Donald A. Lehn) writes:

>I have been trying to get a copy of BINHEX40 that I can transfer directly
>to a Mac and have work.

> Does anyone know where I can get a working copy of this
>program?

	You might try ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu (zaphod.ncsa.uiuc.edu).  It has
a working binary in the root directory (or maybe the mac directory).
As long as your problems aren't with the connection, you should end up
with a binary after your download.

>Best regards,
>Don Lehn
>Email: donnel@helix.nih.gov

__
Bryan Siegfried

harper@csc.fi (04/27/91)

Looking for ftp sites from Archie I came up with your old
favourite Genbank. You could get it from there.
It looks like it is a couple of years old.

archie> set maxhits 6
archie> prog binhex40
# matches / % database searched:    1 / 96%
Host genbank.bio.net   (134.172.1.160)
Last updated 11:39  3 Apr 1991

    Location: /pub/mac/dearchive
      FILE      rw-rw-r--      7599  Feb 27  1989   binhex40.exe

RGDS -=ROB=-