[bionet.software] pUC vectors/final

suter2@urz.unibas.ch (clemens suter-crazzolara) (05/15/91)

Dear netters:

Tao Tao writes:

> I could not help giving my 2 cents worth regarding the posting on pUC vecter.
> It seems to me that people of the electronic age are even more narrowly-minded
> than their "ancestors".  Maybe they are lazier too.
> Answer to the question is the pBS vector from Strategene.  Even if one doesn't
> have the money to buy it, one could still do some simple restriction digestion
> and ligation to satisfy the experimental need [since the pUC based vector is
> available to the questioneer, with an unwanted feature, right?].
> Problems tend to be unique for individual project, customerization usually
> would be the only way out.  To be a little deligent and broad-minded will
> always help.  Another thing is whoever answering the posting is actually doing
> the questioneer a favor.  I hope that everyone could keep this in mind.

and
> "My name has nothing to do with the
> Taoism, even though I am a believer of it."

What can I say ? I can only humbly bend down my head and ask for
forgiveness and, perhaps, enlightment.
Not only am I narrow minded, there is even a fat chance that I belong to the
class of "electronic age lazies."
But ! Taosism is not dead yet ! I have a small chance of rescue !

But seriously. I have recieved several replies. First, several companies
have exactly those vectors that I was looking for (Boehringer is one,
but there are several more).
In this respect I was lazy, but we just never thought that these vectors would
be available. Several netters asked me to pass on this information (they
are lazy too, apperantly).

Only one reply said that I should construct this vector myself. That is
icluded above. I think this would be a bad idea:
1. it is time consuming
2. it does not proof that I am openminded or not lazy (in fact it only
proofs that I am stubborn and don't like to ask others for advice or help)
3. I think that the net is the best place for questions like these: short
questions targeted at a large number of fellow scientists.

I am sorry to have to tell you, Tao, that I am not ashamed for putting
this question on the net. You also write: "Another
thing is whoever answering the posting is actually doing the
questioneer a favor.  I hope that everyone could keep this in mind."
Apparently you can not keep this in mind yourself. You answered my
posting, didn't ye ?

Clemens