[alt.activism] I have seen the Light!

efsl@tahoma.UUCP (Michael D. Riston) (01/13/90)

In article <853@tahoma.UUCP>, jpg3196@tahoma.UUCP (James P. Galasyn) writes:

> [ranting ... death ... craziness ... control ... billion$ for control...
>  on top of the Power Pyramid ... ]

     No, I can see it now.  There *really* is no simple conspiracy.  All
     the wonderfully reasonable minds in t.p.m. see all, know all, and
     KNOW that all is, if not under control, controllable.  Why, we'll
     just "vote" the rascals out, yeah, that'll fix 'em.  And our
     "experts" will tell us that the demographics indicate that all
     will be better anyway, 'cuz we'll have less of a certain type in
     the future, what with the graying of Amerryca 'n' all that.  And
     the kops, sure, they're *enlisted* in the war on drugs, 'cuz they
     enjoy wonderful "salaries", and they know the importance of
     "enforcing" the "law" of the land.  McJustice, a product of
     McGovernment, and it's the best McJustice money can buy!  Yes,
     it's enshrined in a 200-year old holy writ, uh, document, the
     "Phillip Morris Constition."  Yes, those nasty ol' death-dealing
     tobacco merchants are in on the pyramid o' Power too, and they've
     bought the x-clusive rights to market the Constitution, showing
     it encased in all-protective glass, yes, really, it still is
     a functioning document, it really does limit the power of McGov.
     to bust a halide-light shop owner as an evil conspirator in
     the "war" against "drugs"  (especially the wrong drugs, 'cuz
     the Phillip Morris Constitution can't legally sponsor crack yet,
     not till McGov and McJustice decide to "legalize" and "regulate"
     the sale and distribution).  But no, really, it's all crazy, this
     can't be true, the Holocaust didn't happen, and people are NOT
     easily duped into becoming mass conspirators in efforts to
     control their lives, really, it is just a separate, disparate
     bunch of special interests,  really really it is!  Now, would
     someone get this McGovernment off my front?  Somewhere around
     ten years ago, some old actor said he'd get it off my back,
     and damn if it didn't just migrate around to my front, sink in
     int tentacles a little deeper, and invite all sorts of other
     controllers in to play!  Yes, we are now co-conspirators in our
     own oppressions, and we always will be.  And so will you.
     Orwell didn't quite get it right -- the mass of humanity must
     at least THINK it's better off than four years ago (when does
     the interest and principal on those ol' U.S. McGov't bonds
     come due anyway?).  After that, control is necessary, it's
     useful, it's desirable, yes, we're sorry you can't afford your
     first house, really, it ain't a bad neighborhood.  Oh, those
     nine locks on every door and window didn't prevent the
     burglary?  Well, it's YOUR FAULT, you didn't back it up with
     an alarm system!  It's the price you pay for living in the
     best damn country that ever was!  So love it or leave it,
     cuz nobody, NOBODY, is a well off as an American!  Especially
     the poor slob trying to grow food in C. America, while the
     CIA is spraying carcinogenic defoliants on every growing
     thing in sight, to "protect" our "country" (the United Social
     Darwinist States of America(tm)) from the "scourge" of "drugs!"

     Thank you, and good night.

     Don at efsl@tahoma.UUCP (no, I'm not Mike)
     NOBODY would be crazy enough to hold my opinions.  It would mean
     that they're sane!