[sci.nanotech] Need some fancy science

xanthian@zorch.sf-bay.org (Kent Paul Dolan) (04/19/91)

JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

> I'm a student working on a project for a SpeechComm class. Our group
> is to cre ate a new product. Our product needs to:
> [description of flying beer retrieval device]
> Jason Koszarsky, JBK4@PSUVM

You're talking about the new x industries Slimingbird Mk IV; the newest
in our line of trainable slime mold - hummingbird crossbreeds with the
Cray Z/MP computer-in-a-microdot product swarming by the trillions in
its ooze-stream, due to little nanoreplicators hard at work making more;
not only does it meet all your requirements, but those little nanotech
Maxwell's daemon's will keep your cool drink cool and your hot drink
hot as your soda leaps through the air to your merest whim, carried by
your immensely loyal (bred right in) Slimingbird IV personal mug holder,
security check device, encyclopedia, and best buddy.

The best part is, the power is free, got from breaking down petroleum
byproducts (smog) into harmless breatheable gasses.

Another attractive feature is the brilliant, irridescent plumage.

Kent, the man from xanth.

[ This quote seems appropriate:
 "For four hours I have tried to contact the Ringworld.  For four
 hours the inhabitants have ignored me.  Their comtempt has been
 absolute.  Not a word have they vouchsafed me.  My muscles are
 trembling for lack of exercise, my fur is matted, my eyes refuse to
 focus, my sthondat-begotten *room* is too small, my microwave heater
 heats all meat to the same temperature, and it is the wrong
 temperature, and I cannot get it fixed.  Were it not for your help and
 your suggestions, Louis, I would despair."
 --JoSH]