[sci.chem] WinQVT/NET: features we'd like to see

ntaib@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Nur Iskandar Taib) (03/30/91)

Here are a few features that I think would make the
next release of WinQVT/NET better:

1. Have a slow-paste switch. Some mainframes can't accept
   pasted text at TCP/IP speeds. Most terminal emulation
   packages have a way to adjust the pacing for ascii
   uploads, which is exactly what a paste in WinQVT/NET
   is. I can still do it in NCSA Telnet by diabling Fast
   Paste in the PIF file.

2. Support the alt-T command. In NCSA Telnet this command
   sends a standard FTP initialization string to the main-
   frame (ftp -n pcip). This would be a perfect complement
   to v. 1.5's FTP server capability. (Come to think of it,
   I'll probably end up programming one of my function keys
   to do this.)

3. Have Alt-A bring up the Telnet Services dialog box. I
   suppose I've gotten used to NCSA Telnet.

Anyone else think of more stuff to add?

Iskandar Taib                        | The only thing worse than Peach ala
Internet: NTAIB@AQUA.UCS.INDIANA.EDU |    Frog is Frog ala Peach
Bitnet:   NTAIB@IUBACS               !

kxb@math.ksu.edu (Karl Buck) (03/30/91)

ntaib@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Nur Iskandar Taib) writes:

[..suggestions for WinQVT/NET...]

>Anyone else think of more stuff to add?

A PC-NFS Version.   :-)

--
 Karl Buck                   email: kxb@hilbert.math.ksu.edu
 KSU Dept. of Mathematics

poirot@aio.jsc.nasa.gov (Daniel T. Poirot) (04/01/91)

In article <1991Mar29.184627.515@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> ntaib@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Nur Iskandar Taib) writes:

>Here are a few features that I think would make the
>next release of WinQVT/NET better:
>

>Anyone else think of more stuff to add?

How about a LPR-LPQ client?  A nice browser-type box for file selection
and an option for hostname and printer name would be just fine, thank
you very much.

--

Daniel Poirot           poirot@aio.jsc.nasa.gov
Lockheed C07A           "The mind is a terrible thing."