[comp.ai.shells] CLIPS on the SUN

francia@jupiter.nmt.edu (Guillermo A. Francia) (11/27/90)

I bought a book "Expert Systems and Programming" by Giarratano and Riley
which includes an executable code of CLIPS which runs on an IBM-PC.

I need the version that runs on a SUN 3/50 workstation. Can anybody point
me to the right direction where I can get this version?

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

ne@aic.dpl.scg.hac.com (Nader Ebeid (213)) (12/01/90)

You can get the Clips source code from NASA by contacting:

COSMIC
The University of Georgia
382 East Broad Street
Athens, Georgia
30602
(404)542-3265

Compiling the command line version on a Sun is mostly changing some constants
and system specific functions (very few). A couple of hours work at the most.

reece@enuxha.eas.asu.edu (Glen A. Reece) (12/02/90)

In article <7235@uklirb.informatik.uni-kl.de>, francia@jupiter.nmt.edu (Guillermo A. Francia) writes:
> I bought a book "Expert Systems and Programming" by Giarratano and Riley
> which includes an executable code of CLIPS which runs on an IBM-PC.
>
> I need the version that runs on a SUN 3/50 workstation. Can anybody point
> me to the right direction where I can get this version?
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

  As far as I know, there is no specific version of CLIPS for a Sun workstation
but the solution to your problem is to purchase the source from COSMIC and
recompile it on your Sun.  We purchased the Mac version of CLIPS and moved it
to our VaxStation 3100's simply by changing some flags and recompiling it...

   - Glen

= Glen A. Reece             =  Arizona State University                =
= Industrial Fellow         =  Artificial Intelligence Lab.            =
=                           =  Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering =
= (602) 965-2735            =  Tempe, Arizona  85287-5406              =
= reece@enuxha.eas.asu.edu  =  What's another word for Thesaurus?      =