[comp.protocols.kerberos] reposting of second message

kolk@shelby.Stanford.EDU (Dan Kolkowitz) (09/07/90)

In article <5212@munnari.oz.au> raob@cs.mu.oz.au (richard oxbrow) writes:

> #ps note string_to_key probably works differently from the MITs des stuff

Surprisingly, it seems to implement the same twisted algorithm.

The quad_cksum, however, does not implement the broken version
MIT/Athena distributes, and will not be interoperable.

Is Bond Uni. working on diffs to apply to the bones distribution to put
the calls to encryption back into the kerberos routines?

John
--
John Kohl <jtkohl@ATHENA.MIT.EDU> or <jtkohl@MIT.EDU>
Digital Equipment Corporation/Project Athena