[comp.protocols.kerberos] looking for kerberized "xdm"

mfrost@sword.pyramid.com (Mark Frost) (01/10/91)

Hello. I'm looking for a kerberized version of x11r4's xdm. Does someone
have this? Is it available from MIT somewhere?

Also, I have a specific question that I need to ask someone who is responsible
for the athena project. I am unable to find a general mail address for such
a person (like "athena@mit.edu" or something like that). Is there such
a mail address?

Thanks

          -m-----------  Mark Frost    (mfrost@pyramid.com)
        ---mmm---------  System Administrator - Hardware Engineering
      -----mmmmm-------  Pyramid Technology Corporation
    -------mmmmmmm-----  1295 Charleston Rd, P.O. Box 7295
  ---------mmmmmmmmm---  Mountain View, California 94039-7295
-----------mmmmmmmmmmm-  (415) 335-8163

henry@MIT.EDU (Henry Mensch) (01/10/91)

>Hello. I'm looking for a kerberized version of x11r4's xdm. Does someone
>have this? Is it available from MIT somewhere?

we have what is (ultimately) the latest in the series of login frobs to run on
your display.  we're not distributing it yet (the latest version is being used
for the first time in our in-progress on-campus software release for the
spring).  we hope to make one available soon, and that's about as specific as i
can get right now.

>Also, I have a specific question that I need to ask someone who is responsible
>for the athena project. I am unable to find a general mail address for such
>a person (like "athena@mit.edu" or something like that). Is there such
>a mail address?

info-athena@mit.edu is the right place to ask such questions.  chances are good
you'll get an answer from me or one of my colleagues.

i am,
-- henry mensch / <henry@MIT.EDU>
-- project athena external relations

khera@thneed.cs.duke.edu (Vick Khera) (01/11/91)

   From: mfrost@sword.pyramid.com (Mark Frost)
   Newsgroups: comp.protocols.kerberos

   Hello. I'm looking for a kerberized version of x11r4's xdm. Does
   someone have this? Is it available from MIT somewhere?

i have one.  it is part of my Kerboros modifications to X11R4.  The
patches to MIT's X11R4 and a paper describing what i did are available
for anonymous FTP from cs.duke.edu in the directory dist/papers/khera.
if you can't ftp or can't print TeX DVI or PostScript files, let me
know and we'll work something out.  The paper, "The Secure X Window
Server", is also available as Tech Report TR90-54 from the
Microelectronics Center of North Carolina (MCNC) in Research Triangle
Park, NC, 27709,

								v.
Vick Khera, Gradual Student/Systems Guy   Department of Computer Science
ARPA:   khera@cs.duke.edu                 Duke University
UUCP:   ...!mcnc!duke!khera               Durham, NC 27706     (919) 660-6528