[comp.protocols.kerberos] kerberos under hpux

sjl@doc.imperial.ac.uk (Steve J Lacey) (03/06/91)

Hi,
	Has anyone ported the appl/bsd/ utilities to hpux? I've worked on a
few, and was wondering if anyone had done this already (save myself some
time :-)

Thanks in advance.
Steve.
-----
Steve J Lacey, Systems Group.      (In my opinion, my opinions are just that.)
Department of Computing, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine,
180 Queen's Gate, London SW7. Phone : 071 589 5111 x5085, Fax : 071 581 8024
Email : sjl@doc.ic.ac.uk, ..!ukc!icdoc!sjl, sjl@athena.mit.edu

                --- All lines lead to Mornington Crescent ---
--
Queer Nation: all you need is a three dollar bill and a dream

kint@milton.u.washington.edu (Richard Kint) (03/07/91)

sjl@doc.imperial.ac.uk (Steve J Lacey) writes:
>Hi,
>	Has anyone ported the appl/bsd/ utilities to hpux? I've worked on a
>few, and was wondering if anyone had done this already

	Funny you should mention that, I'm just about finished porting
Kerberos to HP-UX 7.0.  I'd like to compare notes.  "-lBSD" and a small
compatability library handled most problems, but I punted on a couple
of larger ones.

	The mail archives show that other people have ported Kerberos to
HP-UX in the past;  are any of you reading this, and if so, do you have
any words of wisdom to pass on?

rsw@ENG.UMD.EDU (Randall Winchester) (03/09/91)

> From postmaster@trantor.umd.edu Thu Mar  7 03:37:47 1991
> Subject: Re: kerberos under hpux
> Sender: owner-comp-protocols-kerberos@shelby.Stanford.EDU
> To: kerberos@shelby.Stanford.EDU
>
> sjl@doc.imperial.ac.uk (Steve J Lacey) writes:
> >Hi,
> >	Has anyone ported the appl/bsd/ utilities to hpux? I've worked on a
> >few, and was wondering if anyone had done this already
>
> 	Funny you should mention that, I'm just about finished porting
> Kerberos to HP-UX 7.0.  I'd like to compare notes.  "-lBSD" and a small
> compatability library handled most problems, but I punted on a couple
> of larger ones.
>
> 	The mail archives show that other people have ported Kerberos to
> HP-UX in the past;  are any of you reading this, and if so, do you have
> any words of wisdom to pass on?

I am running Kerberos on a couple hundred Sun3's and Sun4's, and
an Alliant (DecStations soon), and have now a need to look at running it on
about 40 HP-UX 7.0 machines. I would much apreaciate any historical
info you could pass my way. ( a config.Imakefile, along with source for this
"small compatability library" would be great)

Thanks,
Randall Winchester