[comp.sys.laptops] The Ultimate Laptop?

fozzard@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Richard Fozzard) (01/12/90)

The GrIDPad that I asked about in the previous message seems to be just
the first real product that aims at the DynaBook/Tablet (Alan Kay/Stephen
Wolfram) dream PC of the 90's - a portable machine for everyone with a
paper-like interface.

Rumor has it that there are several other companies working along these
lines - GO, Information Appliance, Momenta - has anyone heard anything
about these or other companies?

Richard Fozzard					"Serendipity empowers"
University of Colorado/CIRES/NOAA/ERL/FSL
fozzard@boulder.colorado.edu                   (303)497-6011 or 444-3168

ignatz@chinet.chi.il.us (Dave Ihnat) (01/13/90)

In article <15546@boulder.Colorado.EDU> fozzard@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Richard Fozzard) writes:

>The GrIDPad that I asked about in the previous message seems to be just
>the first real product that aims at the DynaBook/Tablet (Alan Kay/Stephen
>Wolfram) dream PC of the 90's - a portable machine for everyone with a
>paper-like interface.

But I ask--and, I'll affirm right now, I don't know--is it reasonably priced?
Simply put, GRID is too damn expensive.  Cadillacs may have their place in
the auto world, but the GRID machines have traditionally been just too costly
to recommend to clients looking for other than a status symbol box...