[comp.sys.laptops] Mods and Enhancements for NEC MultiSpeed EL?

jeffg@shamu.WV.TEK.COM (Jeff C. Glover) (01/20/90)

I'm a new owner of a NEC MultiSpeed EL and was wondering if anyone has
a list of modifications and/or enhancements to the MultiSpeed series?
I'm talking about things like a real PC bus, hard disk add-ons,
ethernet, external 5.25" disks, more I/O, etc.

Pointers to articles about the MultiSpeed are welcome as well.

Jeff <jeffg%loki.wv.tek.com@relay.cs.net>

antony@lbl-csam.arpa (Antony A. Courtney) (01/21/90)

In article <5668@shamu.WV.TEK.COM> jeffg@shamu.WV.TEK.COM (Jeff C. Glover) writes:
>I'm a new owner of a NEC MultiSpeed EL and was wondering if anyone has
>a list of modifications and/or enhancements to the MultiSpeed series?
>I'm talking about things like a real PC bus, hard disk add-ons,
>ethernet, external 5.25" disks, more I/O, etc.
>
>Pointers to articles about the MultiSpeed are welcome as well.
>
>Jeff <jeffg%loki.wv.tek.com@relay.cs.net>

I think if ANYONE has ANY information about how to enhance the NEC MultiSpeed,
they should DEFINITELY post it to the net.  Every dea;ler I have talked to
seems to say that there is no possible way to add a hard drive to these.  :-(

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I've been trying to do this for IONS.

				antony

Antony A. Courtney				antony@lbl.gov
Advanced Development Group			ucbvax!lbl-csam.arpa!antony
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory			AACourtney@lbl.gov

lbilccss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Lawrence Bilker) (01/22/90)

There are External Hard Drives available from The Boffin Limited (Laptop dealer)They advertise in PC Week almost every week, so you should be able to find
an ad containing a Hard drive for your NEC Multi-speed EL.  I have a NEC Multi-
speed (original model-2 drives-640k, no backlight though).

	Larry

Lawrence A. Bilker                 		US-MAIL:
Internet: lbilccss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu      	University of Rochester
Bitnet: LBIL_SS@UORDBV     			River Station
UUCP: {cmcl2!decvax!}!rochester!ur-cc!lbilccss	P.O. Box 29689
AT&T: 716/274-3474 				Rochester, NY  14627-5689