[comp.sys.laptops] T1000SE 100 Pin Connector

desmond@gvlv2.GVL.Unisys.COM (Ned Desmond) (02/03/90)

I have asked several dealers etc about the 100 pin expansion port usage or
planned usage and have gotten "I don't really know...I'll have to look into
that...".

Well I got my own yesterday and dug right into the various manuals and came
up dry again.

I can guess... expansion hard disk,  docking station, external monitor...
Anyone got any real info?  Also have been told that the internal modem is
not yet available,  since the info with the machine didn't give any part
numbers for the modem I can't tell for sure...but does anyone know if it
is the same modem as the old T1000?

Thanx,
Ned Desmond
desmond@gvl.unisys.com

gkishida@envy.eng.uci.edu (Gregg Kishida) (02/04/90)

In article <535@gvlv2.GVL.Unisys.COM> desmond@gvlv2.GVL.Unisys.COM (Ned Desmond) writes:
>I have asked several dealers etc about the 100 pin expansion port usage or
>I can guess... expansion hard disk,  docking station, external monitor...
>Anyone got any real info?  Also have been told that the internal modem is
>not yet available,  since the info with the machine didn't give any part
>numbers for the modem I can't tell for sure...but does anyone know if it
>is the same modem as the old T1000?
>
>Thanx,
>Ned Desmond
>desmond@gvl.unisys.com

Well, I'm not certain about the T1000SE, but I've got the T1200 and T1600
technical reference manuals if anyone wants any info (I had to build a
DMA interface board for a FTIR spectrometer).  If you need assistance,
give Toshiba America a call (they have an 800 number) and ask - they're
pretty helpful once you get to a human being (a couple levels of phone
machine redirection).  Send me email and describe what you want.

|		|			    |	   |       |
|		|   Don't mind me, my job   |	   |       |
|  _   /|	|   is driving me crazy!!   |	   |	   |
|  \'o.O'	|                           |	   |____   |
|  =(___)=	-----------------------------	    \ 	   |
|     U		|                           |	     \     |
|    ACK! 	| 	Gregg Kishida       |		   |
|		| gkishida@envy.eng.uci.edu |  F.B.H.N.G.  |
|		|			    |		   |

pwong@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Patrick Wong) (02/05/90)

In article <535@gvlv2.GVL.Unisys.COM> desmond@gvlv2.GVL.Unisys.COM (Ned Desmond) writes:

>I can guess... expansion hard disk,  docking station, external monitor...
>Anyone got any real info?  Also have been told that the internal modem is
>not yet available,  since the info with the machine didn't give any part
>numbers for the modem I can't tell for sure...but does anyone know if it
>is the same modem as the old T1000?
>
>Thanx,
>Ned Desmond
>desmond@gvl.unisys.com

Well, I called the toll free Toshiba tech support at the beginning of this
year and I asked exactly the same questions that you asked.  The answer
that I got at that time was that "the engineers are considering different
configurations for the 100-pin connector" and the guy "speculated"  that
some kind of docking station is likely.  Regarding ports for ext. monitor
or hard disk etc., he said he really doesn't know which peripherals will
be supported.  Also, he said the internal modem is going to be 2400 baud
(sigh ! I was expecting higher speed).

I haven't called again since then.  If anyone wants to call the tech
support, here is the no. (I think it is for the northeast parts of
the country) 800-999-4273.  If anyone eventually gets answers to
some or all of the above questions, please either post them or
send me an e-mail.  Thanx !

Patrick Wong
pcw@squid.graphics.cornell.edu

(Believe or not ! I have to wait 8 weeks minimun for the SE to be
delivered to the school where I will pay at education discount price.
Now, it has been only 3 weeks ! sigh!)