[comp.sys.laptops] block cursor on t1200

pjdr@cgdisis.ucar.edu (03/07/90)

Sigh!  When this thread turned up six weeks ago I didn't want it, now I do.
Could someone please tell me how to change the cursor on my t1200f from
underline to block, in the simplest way possible, i.e a preexisting .com
file or whatever.  Please reply by mail, no use hashing this one out on the
net again.
Peter Rayner
disclaimer: I don't even work for NCAR let alone represent them

wchw@ukc.ac.uk (W.C.H.Wehrmeyer) (03/07/90)

In article <6525@ncar.ucar.edu> pjdr@cgdisis.ucar.edu () writes:
>Sigh!  When this thread turned up six weeks ago I didn't want it, now I do.
>Could someone please tell me how to change the cursor on my t1200f from
>underline to block, in the simplest way possible, i.e a preexisting .com
>file or whatever.  Please reply by mail, no use hashing this one out on the
>net again.

 I have the same problem (i.e. the curser is not that visible as I would like it
to be)

So may I ask for the favour that whoever helps him with the problem, could
please send a copy of it as well.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers

Walter

Standard Disclaimer: I can think for myself. So all errors above are truly mine.

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (03/08/90)

>In article <6525@ncar.ucar.edu> pjdr@cgdisis.ucar.edu () writes:
>>Sigh!  When this thread turned up six weeks ago I didn't want it, now I do.
>>Could someone please tell me how to change the cursor on my t1200f from
>>underline to block, in the simplest way possible, i.e a preexisting .com
... rest deleted ...

Here is the recurring answer to this recurring question. Try
(/pc/ts/)tsutld13.arc and / or (/pc/sysutil/)blockcur.zip. Both
available by anonymous ftp from chyde.uwasa.fi at Vaasa, Finland.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

jrh@mustang.dell.com (James R. Howard) (03/08/90)

I give, I give... here's a simple routine to make a full size cursor.

C:\>debug
-n cursor.com
-a 100
1B3F:0100 mov cx, 0007
1B3F:0103 mov ah, 1
1B3F:0105 int 10
1B3F:0107 int 20
1B3F:0109
-rcx
CX 0000
:9
-w
Writing 0009 bytes
-q

Enjoy....

James Howard
..cs.utexas.edu!dell!mustang!jrh   or    jrh@mustang.dell.com

"I've got a firm policy on gun control, if there's a gun
around, I want to be the one controlling it."
-- Clint Eastwood