[comp.sys.laptops] What are Tandy 1100FD serial port pinouts?

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (03/09/90)

Ok, I have a Tandy 1100 FD laptop.  Now I want to build a cable for
the DB-9 RS-232 serial port.  What signals are on each of the pins?
Anyone know?

Paul DuBois
Internet:	dubois@primate.wisc.edu
UUCP:		rhesus!dubois
FAX:		608/263-4031

jrh@mustang.dell.com (James R. Howard) (03/09/90)

In article <1848@uakari.primate.wisc.edu>, bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain
in Neutral) writes:
> Ok, I have a Tandy 1100 FD laptop.  Now I want to build a cable for
> the DB-9 RS-232 serial port.  What signals are on each of the pins?
> Anyone know?

It "should" be standard, i.e. compatible with a 9-pin AT serial port.

If so, here is the pinout...

9-pin     25-pin     Signal     In/Out    Description
  1         8         DCD         IN       Carrier Detect
  2         3         RX          IN       Receive Data
  3         2         TX          OUT      Transmit Data
  4         20        DTR         OUT      Data Terminal Ready
  5         7         GND         ---      Signal Ground (common)
  6         6         DSR         IN       Data Set Ready
  7         4         RTS         OUT      Request to Send
  8         5         CTS         IN       Clear to Send
  9         22        RI          IN       Ring Indicator

James Howard
..cs.utexas.edu!dell!mustang!jrh   or    jrh@mustang.dell.com

"I've got a firm policy on gun control, if there's a gun
around, I want to be the one controlling it."
-- Clint Eastwood