[comp.sys.laptops] My two cents on the T1000SE

pan@skat.usc.edu (Jason C. Pan) (03/11/90)

I just recently upgraded to a T1000SE from a T1000, I must say that overall
I am very pleased with the machine.  I do however have two minor complaints
about the T1000SE: 1) The 1.44Mb floppy is incrediblely loud during disk
access compared to the T1000 (I wonder if other T1000SE users are experiencing
the same problem) 2) It lacks an external monitor port, which means I
can't connect it to a color CGA-compatible monitor.

Jason C. Pan                        Internet: pan@usc.edu
Unix/Vms Consultant                 UUCP  : ...!uunet!usc!pan
University Computing Services       Bitnet: pan@uscvm
University of Southern California   CIS : 73307,204

shepherd@ecs.umass.edu (03/15/90)

In article <23392@usc.edu>, pan@skat.usc.edu (Jason C. Pan) writes:
> I just recently upgraded to a T1000SE from a T1000, I must say that overall
> I am very pleased with the machine.  I do however have two minor complaints
> about the T1000SE: 1) The 1.44Mb floppy is incrediblely loud during disk
> access compared to the T1000 (I wonder if other T1000SE users are experiencing
> the same problem) 2) It lacks an external monitor port, which means I
> can't connect it to a color CGA-compatible monitor.

> Jason C. Pan                        Internet: pan@usc.edu
> Unix/Vms Consultant                 UUCP  : ...!uunet!usc!pan
> University Computing Services       Bitnet: pan@uscvm
> University of Southern California   CIS : 73307,204

Complaint #1: nope, I haven't noticed the noise, and I use it in a classroom
environment every day.
Complaint #2: not applicable...I'm doing mostly text processing where color has
little benefit.

#8*} Esteban.