[comp.sys.laptops] Compaq SLE 286 -- worth the bucks?

scottn@cpqhou.UUCP (Scott Nesbitt) (04/09/90)

In article <4695@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU>, bio_zwbb@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dr. William B. Busa) writes:
> 	I recently became aware of the Compaq SLE 286 -- the laptop with a
> VGA quality LCD and detachable keyboard. I was favorably impressed, but

Um, that would be the SLT 286.
A fine machine, in my opinion.

roussos@cs.arizona.edu (George E. Roussos) (04/10/90)

In article <608@cpqhou.UUCP> scottn@cpqhou.UUCP (Scott Nesbitt) writes:
>> 	I recently became aware of the Compaq SLE 286 -- the laptop with a
>> VGA quality LCD and detachable keyboard. I was favorably impressed, but
>
>Um, that would be the SLT 286.
>A fine machine, in my opinion.

	Kindly note that while the SLT 286 may have a VGA quality LCD,
it only displays CGA resolution.  Gee Scott, I wonder if your opinion
has anything to do with it coming from Compaq's Houston site ? :-).  I
would have to agree - I did get to use one for a bit, and it was neat.

george

scottn@cpqhou.UUCP (Scott Nesbitt) (04/10/90)

In article <219@caslon.cs.arizona.edu>, roussos@cs.arizona.edu (George E. Roussos) writes:
> 	Kindly note that while the SLT 286 may have a VGA quality LCD,
> it only displays CGA resolution.  Gee Scott, I wonder if your opinion

What, your SLT doesn't have VGA? :)  Actually, this is a fine example of
what happens if you try to read and respond to 300 news messages in
10 minutes.