[comp.sys.laptops] Psion sales in the U.S.

wbe@bbn.com (Winston Edmond) (04/15/90)

swansonc@balder.acc.stolaf.edu
(Chris Swanson, Systems Operator - ACC @ St. Olaf College) writes:

>Has anyone had any experience with these laptops (Dim. A4 sheet of
>paper by 2 in.)?  Any idea when they will hit the U.S. market.

   Psion, in Connecticut, said they would be available about the third week
in April (in about another week or two) when I asked a couple of months ago.
Lechmere stores in Cambridge, Massachusetts has had a demonstrator model of
the MC400 since January.  They will be selling the MC400 and, I think, the
MC600, but not the MC200 (so the sales people on the floor have been saying).

   In case anyone was wondering, the units sold in the U.S. will have "U.S.
computer standard" instead of "U.K. standard" (my terminology) key layout:

                      "   L*    @    ~     (* English pound sign)
    English version:  2   3     '    #

    U.S. version:     2   3     '    `

The "/' key is just right of :/; and ~/`  is just left of the space bar.

   Psion is in Connecticut, phone number (203) 274-7521.  They were courteous
and helpful when I called.
 -WBE