[comp.sys.laptops] DOS in ROM

SLSW2@cc.usu.edu (Roger Ivie) (04/24/90)

In article <5042@helios.TAMU.EDU>, gordon@cs.tamu.edu (Dan Gordon) writes:
> After a recent bout with a computer virus which also destroyed parts
> of DOS, I came to the conclusion that having DOS in ROM makes a lot
> of sense. Does anyone have a convenient list of laptops that offer
> this feature? What about other software in ROM? Either email or a
> posting would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance - Dan.

For what it's worth, I have an Epson Geneva (CP/M in ROM). It has WordStar.
Since I have the technical manuals, I've been able to build my own ROMs and
therefore have KERMIT, assemblers, debuggers, and other wild stuff in ROM.

I find that with the machine as I have it, I do not need the floppy drive. I
work on everything in the 64K RAM disk and upload it when I need to get a
printout or what have you.

But then I'm wierd...
Roger Ivie

35 S 300 W