[comp.sys.laptops] DAK $799 laptop?

joel@peora.ccur.com (Joel Upchurch) (05/02/90)

In article <17594@well.sf.ca.us>, rchrd@well.sf.ca.us (Richard Friedman) writes:
> Does anyone have any information on the back-lit dual floppy
> laptop that is in the DAK catalog for $799 that comes with a
> load of (out-of-date) software (like Wordstar 5.0) and a mouse,
> GRAMMATIK III, etc. etc.

I looked over the ad very carefully and as far as I can conclude the
computer doesn't have a back-lit display. The pictures of the screen
don't look backlit and I can't find the word back-lit anywhere in the
text. If it wasn't for that I'd say that it was a pretty good price.
--
Joel Upchurch/Upchurch Computer Consulting/718 Galsworthy/Orlando, FL 32809
joel@peora.ccur.com {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd,ucf-cs}!peora!joel (407) 859-0982

rchrd@well.sf.ca.us (Richard Friedman) (05/05/90)

joel@peora.ccur.com (Joel Upchurch) writes:

>I looked over the ad very carefully and as far as I can conclude the
>computer doesn't have a back-lit display. The pictures of the screen
>don't look backlit and I can't find the word back-lit anywhere in the
>text. If it wasn't for that I'd say that it was a pretty good price.

You may be right! Maybe I should look at it at SEARS first?!
THanks for pointing that out.
--
 /s/ rchrd <=> Richard Friedman <=>  rchrd@well
 rchrd@well.sf.ca.us | {apple,pacbell,hplabs,ucbvax}!well!rchrd