[comp.sys.laptops] Laptop BBS's ?

PORCO-J@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Porco) (05/06/90)

I am looking for a few good BBS's that cater to lap top users Particularly
in the Columbus, Ohio area. (but other states will go as well ) .
Thanks in advance...
Jim Porco
The Ohio State University.

ameyer@nsscb.UUCP (Andy Meyer) (05/08/90)

In article <12587546751015@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu> PORCO-J@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Porco) writes:
> I am looking for a few good BBS's that cater to lap top users

The only one I've come across is run by Portable 100 magazine:
Portable 100 BBS: (603) 924-9770

--
 Andreas Meyer     ameyer%nsscb@ulysses.att.com     ..!att!ulysses!nsscb!ameyer
 #include <disclaimer.h>                     Rip-stop nylon: How does it know?!

coryc@sequent.UUCP (Cory Carpenter) (05/09/90)

In article <1573@nsscb.UUCP> ameyer@nsscb.UUCP (Andy Meyer) writes:
>In article <12587546751015@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu> PORCO-J@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Porco) writes:
>> I am looking for a few good BBS's that cater to lap top users
>
>The only one I've come across is run by Portable 100 magazine:
>Portable 100 BBS: (603) 924-9770

Not to get technocentric (rough translation: centered on one machine), but
there is also the Toshiba Laptop BBS (714) 837-4408, 2400-N81, sysop Hugh
Faulkner.  Jillions of files (well, a couple gig, anyway) and lively,
to-the-point conversation on the subject of Tosh laptops.

(Oh, and some discussion on... other... machines too.)

-coryc
--
|     >> Disclaimer: I speak for Sequent only in our hardware manuals <<     |
| Cory R. Carpenter, Tech Writer | "The world had never had so many moving   |

nolan@tssi.UUCP (Michael Nolan) (05/10/90)

In addition to a decent software library, there are separate forums devoted to
many different laptops.

Of course, paying $5.00 per hour for connect time may be anathema to netters...
Mike Nolan                                       "If money is the root of all
Tailored Software Services, Inc.                  evil, who's running the mint?"
Lincoln, Nebraska (402) 423-1490
UUCP: tssi!nolan should work,
      if not try something like uunet!frith!upba!tssi!nolan