[comp.sys.laptops] Info on Bondwell laptop from DAK wanted

john@pyrnj.uucp (John Kurzman) (05/25/90)

>In article <2894@grape2.UUCP> kraus@motcid (I) wrote:
>   (The display IS backlit, with a switch to turn off the
>   backlighting.)
>
>I based this on the PC-Magazine summary of the B310.  I've since called DAK
>on this, and was told that the display is not backlit.

The DAK B310 is the original B310 which does not have Backlighting.
The new, B310 Plus, has the backlight, and Bondwell has said that it
will be sold for the same List price (above DAK) as the original B310.

BTW, I stopped at the Laptop Expo in NYC this week looking for Bondwell
and Sharp among others, and was sorely dissapointed at the few vendors
that were present (less crowded that last year if that was possible).

But at least Portable Computing Magazine was giving out free issues, which
is where I got this info on the Bondwell.