[comp.sys.laptops] Info on KODAK Diconics Printer ???

a551@mindlink.UUCP (Bruce Arabsky) (05/26/90)

> davidc@vlsisj.VLSI.COM writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <15583@vlsisj.VLSI.COM>
>
> Org.  : VLSI Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
> Person: David Chapman
>
> There is one other difference, however, that the DAK catalog didn't mention.
> The 150 is primarily designed for single-sheet feeding.  The 150+ has a
> tractor feed that you can use when the top cover is closed (the 150 has one,
> but you have to open the lid).  It's strange that DAK didn't mention that; to
> me it's the most important detail.  Maybe just me...
> --
>                 David Chapman

This is incorrect, David.  The model I have features tractor feed
with the lid closed.  It handles single sheet better with it open
because the back serves as a nice support for the page, but handles
tractor feed with equal ease with the lid closed, feeding the paper
threw the slot in the lid.

Bruce A.  MINDLINK! Canada.

davidc@vlsisj.VLSI.COM (David Chapman) (05/31/90)

In article <1910@mindlink.UUCP> a551@mindlink.UUCP (Bruce Arabsky) writes:
>> davidc@vlsisj.VLSI.COM (that's me) writes:
>>
>> There is one other difference, however, that the DAK catalog didn't mention.
>> The 150 is primarily designed for single-sheet feeding.  The 150+ has a
>> tractor feed that you can use when the top cover is closed (the 150 has one,
>> but you have to open the lid).  It's strange that DAK didn't mention that; to
>> me it's the most important detail.  Maybe just me...
>
>This is incorrect, David.  The model I have features tractor feed
>with the lid closed.  It handles single sheet better with it open
>because the back serves as a nice support for the page, but handles
>tractor feed with equal ease with the lid closed, feeding the paper
>threw the slot in the lid.

Perhaps the Net can do a bit of research for me, since I threw out my DAK
catalog.

When local computer stores started advertising the 150+, I went in and
asked what the differences were.  One of them told me that the 150
couldn't print on tractor-fed paper with the lid closed.

I went home and looked in the DAK catalog, and sure enough they showed
the printer with an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper that was just as wide as
the slot on top.  Tractor-fed paper wouldn't fit with the lid closed.
So I threw out the catalog - the printer wasn't as useful to me any more,
especially since I can buy the 150+ for $299 here (not even on sale).

At least that's my memory of the DAK catalog.  Can someone who's still
got the DAK catalog (admit it, at least one of you still has it! :-)
verify my recollection of the picture?

If they're shipping the printers with the wide paper slot, that's fine,
but that's not what I remember seeing in the catalog.
--
		David Chapman

{known world}!decwrl!vlsisj!fndry!davidc
vlsisj!fndry!davidc@decwrl.dec.com