[comp.sys.laptops] DAK and the Diconix printer

gold@druco.ATT.COM (G. Terry Gold) (06/05/90)

In article <15586@vlsisj.VLSI.COM> davidc@vlsisj.UUCP (David Chapman) writes:

>I went home and looked in the DAK catalog, and sure enough they showed
>the printer with an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper that was just as wide as
>the slot on top.  Tractor-fed paper wouldn't fit with the lid closed.
>So I threw out the catalog - the printer wasn't as useful to me any more,
>especially since I can buy the 150+ for $299 here (not even on sale).

The "Early Summer, 1990" catalog shows the 150 the way you remember it.
They even have a picture of it working with the tractor feed and the
lid is off.  Their price is $249.

So what does the net think about the Bondwell B310 in the DAK catalog?
A 286 with a 20 meg hard drive sounds pretty good for $1,299.00.

Terry Gold

bower@hfsi.UUCP (Michael Bower Comm. ) (06/08/90)

In article <4880@druco.ATT.COM> gold@druco.ATT.COM (G. Terry Gold) writes:
>In article <15586@vlsisj.VLSI.COM> davidc@vlsisj.UUCP (David Chapman) writes:
>>

>The "Early Summer, 1990" catalog shows the 150 the way you remember it.
>They even have a picture of it working with the tractor feed and the
>lid is off.  Their price is $249.
>
>So what does the net think about the Bondwell B310 in the DAK catalog?
>A 286 with a 20 meg hard drive sounds pretty good for $1,299.00.
>
>Terry Gold

A colleague just got hers and brought it in this morning.  Yes, you have
to have the lid open on the printer for tractor feed.  But I have my lid
off all  my printers most of the time anyway.

The B310 had a nice feel but the non-backlit screen started driving me
crazy in ten minutes.  But then I don't see that well.  And I have
a T1200 that is backlit so I knew that I could do better.  But I also
paid a lot more money.......

Michael Bower - N4NMR              Honeywell Federal Systems Inc.
e-mail: uunet!hfsi!bower                     7900 Westpark Drive.
phone:(h) 703-435-5081  (o) 703-827-3559         McLean, VA 22102