[comp.sys.laptops] Recommendations....

JJL101@psuvm.psu.edu (J.J. Lehett) (06/09/90)

     Wondering if people out there can give me some advice.

     I am looking into buying a low end laptop (about $1000 or less) and have s
een the Toshiba T1000, Panasonic CF150, and one or 2 other advertised, but
am not sure of what their individual features are.   Does anyone out there
know or have experience with any of these low end machines?   My primary use
for it will be for telecommunications.... and as a portable chess computer =)
If anyone has any thoughts on this, I would be glad to hear from you.

       Thanks in advance,

*       J.J.        *             JJL101@psuvm.bitnet              *
*                   *    Penn State Center for Academic Computing  *
*    John Lehett    *          Computational Mathematics           *

woodsd@ingr.com (Scott D. Wood) (06/15/90)

In article <90159.134007JJL101@psuvm.psu.edu>, JJL101@psuvm.psu.edu (J.J. Lehett) writes:

>      Wondering if people out there can give me some advice.
>
>      I am looking into buying a low end laptop (about $1000 or less) and have s
> een the Toshiba T1000, Panasonic CF150, and one or 2 other advertised, but
> am not sure of what their individual features are.   Does anyone out there
> know or have experience with any of these low end machines?   My primary use
> for it will be for telecommunications.... and as a portable chess computer =)
> If anyone has any thoughts on this, I would be glad to hear from you.
>
>        Thanks in advance,

Hi,

For a fairly complete review of laptops to-date see the March 13, 1990 issue of
PC Magazine (Volume 9 Number 5). It's a large article and covers the gamut
from low priced 8088 based units to the fancy '386 models.

Scott