[comp.sys.laptops] ZEOS information wanted

"Christoph Lell" <LELL@awiwuw11.wu-wien.ac.at> (08/20/90)

I am also interested in the ZEOS laptop, which has been advertised e.g.
in PC-Magazine. If I remember correctly the basic version comes up to
2200 dollars. This is not expensive considering it has a 386, VGA,
and a 32 MB disk. I'm thinking of buying it but I need more info:
e.g. Are there any problems if I use it in Eurpoe (220 Volt)? Are there
are problems with the display using it in Europe?

Further question: Does anyone have have experience with laptops running
at 110 and 220? Are all laptops usable in the States and Europe?

Christoph Lell
WU-Wien Abteilung WI
Vienna, Austria

a577@mindlink.UUCP (Curt Sampson) (08/20/90)

> LELL@awiwuw11.wu-wien.ac.at writes:
>
> Further question: Does anyone have have experience with laptops running
> at 110 and 220? Are all laptops usable in the States and Europe?

I don't know about others, but my Toshiba T1000XE external power adapter can be
plugged into any voltage from 100 to 240 volts (50 or 60 hertz) and it will
adapt automatically.  It uses a standard "computer" power connector; I assume
cords to plug into other than North American sockets would be fairly easily
available.
                                        -cjs

gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (George Wang) (08/21/90)

In article <90232.115830LELL@awiwuw11.wu-wien.ac.at> LELL@awiwuw11.wu-wien.ac.at (Christoph Lell) writes:
>I am also interested in the ZEOS laptop, which has been advertised e.g.
>in PC-Magazine. If I remember correctly the basic version comes up to
>2200 dollars. This is not expensive considering it has a 386, VGA,
>and a 32 MB disk. I'm thinking of buying it but I need more info:
>e.g. Are there any problems if I use it in Eurpoe (220 Volt)? Are there
>are problems with the display using it in Europe?
>
>Further question: Does anyone have have experience with laptops running
>at 110 and 220? Are all laptops usable in the States and Europe?

Well, the current situation on the Zeos 386SX 40 meg (there's nop
32 meg) portable is that it is back logged until sometime
in October.. I've been waiting since the beginning of June for mine!!

In the meantime, I've chosen the 386-20DX replacement for
the same price.. Supposedly it's shipping end of this
month or beginning of next month but I doubt it as no
one at Zeos is able to confirm it for sure... Looks like more
delays...

The pricing seems great.. We'll just have to wait and see about
the quality.. I am VERY concerned about the display quality
on the 386-20DX LCD display.. Shading has always seemed to be
a problem with LCD displays.. Supposedly this one has 16 shades..

Finally AC power info.. I have no idea about that.. You should
contact ZEOS for that info..

Hope this helps
George

--
George Wang
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign