[comp.sys.laptops] Toshiba T1000SE: control lock??

steven@cwi.nl (Steven Pemberton) (08/17/90)

Recently I've been getting a strange effect with my T1000SE: every now
and then it goes into a mode where every key press acts as if the
control key is pressed. In other words, I can't type any more.

At first I rebooted to clear it, but I've recently discovered that by
trying combinations of fn-ctrl-shift, I can get it to clear, which
makes me suspect that it goes into the mode if I mistype fn with
something.

Anyway, I haven't yet discovered what exactly gets me in the mode, nor
what exactly gets me out, but anybody know what is happening here?

Steven Pemberton, CWI, Amsterdam; steven@cwi.nl
"Let us go then you and I/while the night is laid out against the sky/like a
					smear of mustard on an old pork pie"
Nice poem Tom. I have ideas for changes though, why not come over? - Ezra

emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) (08/18/90)

In article <1972@charon.cwi.nl> steven@cwi.nl (Steven Pemberton) writes:

   Recently I've been getting a strange effect with my T1000SE: every now
   and then it goes into a mode where every key press acts as if the
   control key is pressed. In other words, I can't type any more.

Something similar happens to me playing Sim City, the arrow keys stop working
somehow.

--Ed

wayne@csri.toronto.edu (Wayne Hayes) (08/20/90)

In article <1972@charon.cwi.nl> steven@cwi.nl (Steven Pemberton) writes:

>   Recently I've been getting a strange effect with my T1000SE: every now
>   and then it goes into a mode where every key press acts as if the
>   control key is pressed. In other words, I can't type any more.

I have the same problem on True Blue IBM machines sometimes running
DOS 4.00 and OS/2 at work.  I don't think the problem is in the T1000SE.
It may be a bug in DOS.

--
"The number of programs that can be done with the Hubble Space Telescope has
always greatly exceeded the time available for their execution, and this

cs471s07@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Cs471s07) (08/22/90)

In article <EMV.90Aug17163759@stag.math.lsa.umich.edu> emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) writes:
>In article <1972@charon.cwi.nl> steven@cwi.nl (Steven Pemberton) writes:
>
>   Recently I've been getting a strange effect with my T1000SE: every now
>   and then it goes into a mode where every key press acts as if the
>   control key is pressed. In other words, I can't type any more.
>
>Something similar happens to me playing Sim City, the arrow keys stop working
>somehow.
>
>--Ed

Early model T1000SE's had a bug in ROM BIOS (v1.00) which might account for
this.  Try putting the lines

                     C:
                     KEYB US

in your autoexec.bat and reboot...   hope this helps!  -cah

--
Just a plain ole cs student.
This never fails: cs471s07@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu