[comp.sys.laptops] heads-up display review?

pollack@dendrite.cis.ohio-state.edu (Jordan B Pollack) (08/28/90)

Can anyone point me to a published review of the $500 heads-up
display made by Reflection Technology?

I've seen announcements of the gee-whiz-look-whats-coming sort,
but haven't seen any evaluations. I did hear a rumor that made
it sound pretty useless; that any head movement causes unreadability.

If anyone has tried one on and can comment, please do.

--
Jordan Pollack                            Assistant Professor
CIS Dept/OSU                              Laboratory for AI Research

gsky@cbnewsd.att.com (glenn.kapetansky) (08/29/90)

In article <POLLACK.90Aug28115240@dendrite.cis.ohio-state.edu> pollack@cis.ohio-state.edu writes:
>Can anyone point me to a published review of the $500 heads-up
>display made by Reflection Technology?
>
>I've seen announcements of the gee-whiz-look-whats-coming sort,
>but haven't seen any evaluations.

I tried to evaluate one of them--I think it's the same unit a company
called Cyberspace (in Georgia) packages with a laptop they advertise.
I bugged C-space for about a month for specs, prices,  or a demo,
to no avail. Sounds like there are problems somewhere...

--
``What can I say? I laughed. I cried. I fell down. It changed my life.
 It was good. The end.''

glenn kapetansky	att!pueblo!gsky		gsky@pueblo.ATT.COM