benner@sapphire.idbsu.edu (cs227- Brad Benner) (08/30/90)

Sender:bbenner@sapphire.idbsu.edu (Brad Benner)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 90 22:31:05 GMT

In article <4c7969bd.20b6d@apollo.HP.COM> esteban@apollo.HP.COM (Steven Fernandez) writes:
>Anybody have any comments on a new Tandy 14HD or maybe it was 144HD for
>$1199?  How about the same model but with two floppies for $799?  I need
>to make a decision soon so any responses would be apreciated.
>

>			Thanks
>
>			Steve

> Steven Fernandez                      esteban@apollo.hp.com
> Hewlett Packard, Apollo Division
> Chelmsford, MA 01824

First off, it's called the Tandy 1400, and it comes in two flavours: the
1400FD has two 3.5" floppies, while the HD (which you are referring to)
has one 3.5" floppy and a 20-MB hard drive.  I happen to own a 1400LT (the
1400FD's predecessor) and like it.  HOWEVER, the fact that it's running with
an NEC V-20 (8088 clone) means that running processor hogging programs like
MS Windows is _out_.  If you're gonna buy one, definitely go for the HD
model; upgrading to the hard drive from the FD will set you back around
$1200.  Other than that, I've had no problems with my LT.  It's just
the thing for taking to the library and taking research notes with.

Hope I was of some help!
You're welcome.

Brad Benner    | Don't mind me, I'm in a wierd mood!
Boise State    |
University     | #include <disclaimer.standard>