[comp.sys.laptops] Programs for the Portfolio

fred@panther.bcm.tmc.edu (Fred Ledley) (09/21/90)

I have heard that there is actually software out for the Portfolio on
ROM cards.  Is this true?  If so, what is available, and where can I
get it?  I am really interested in software packages which would
give the Port more scientific functions, along the lines of a good
scientific calculator.  My dream is a package which can graph
functions and numeric lists along the lines of the HP48SX...

Failing this, does anybody know how to access the Port's screen
in graphics mode?  The literature says that this is possible, but
I am not sure how to do it.

Many thanks!

R. Mark Adams
Baylor College of Medicine
Department of Cell Biology

fred@mbir.bcm.tmc.edu

stephen@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Steve Whitney) (09/29/90)

In article <1993@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> fred@panther.bcm.tmc.edu (Fred Ledley) writes:
>I have heard that there is actually software out for the Portfolio on
>ROM cards.  Is this true?  If so, what is available, and where can I
>get it?  I am really interested in software packages which would...
[stuff deleted]

>Many thanks!
>
>R. Mark Adams

You may want to call Mark Henderson of XoteriX.  They market several
prorams for the Portfolio, though I'm not sure just what's available.
The number is (818)888-7390.

I met him at the Glendale Atari Faire, and he had a nice display.

	--Steve

--
Steve Whitney   "It's never _really_ the last minute"       (())_-_(())
UCLA Comp. Sci. Grad. Student                                | (* *) |