[comp.sys.laptops] M100 - ftp sites

gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (George Wang) (09/29/90)

In article <1990Sep28.161534.7648@zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu> brugler@function.mps.ohio-state.edu (Dale Brugler) writes:
>Has anyone been having problems ftp'ing to these sites to get the model 100
>programs? I can;t connect to either one. I am using the standard scheme (login:
>anonymous ; password: my address) yet it will not let me log on.
>Connected to uxa.cso.uiuc.edu.
>220 uxa.cso.uiuc.edu FTP server (Version 5.57 Sat May 27 11:18:16 CDT 1989) ready
>Name (uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:brugler): anonymous
>530 User anonymous unknown.
>Login failed.
>ftp> quit
>221 Goodbye.

Hello! I was the one who posted about an anonymous ftp model 100
server at Univ. of IL... The files *ARE* at UXA but unfortunately,
I found out there's NO anonymous FTP there....

Approval has been cleared for the files to be placed on another machine:

ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

but the files are not quite there yet.. They should be within
a week or so... You *CAN* anonymous ftp there right now to see
other files that are there...
Thanks
George
PS I'm still collecting/compiling a list of Model 100/102 users
who would be willing to have their email address in a list for
exchange of ideas and info on the Model 100... I also recently
got a NEC PC8201A computer which is like the Model 100 and would
also like to know who else has one of these...

--
George Wang
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign