[comp.sys.laptops] need wp for T-1000

drack@titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu (Dave Rackley) (10/12/90)

In article <66821602MR@MSU> 21602MR@MSU.BITNET (Mark Rosenberg) writes:

>   I am working on a research project and need a word processor for a T1000 class
>   laptop (512/640K, 1 720K floppy), as far as features it really doesn't have to
>   do a whole lot since I'll be transferring the files to a Mac for formatting and
>   printing.  Any suggestions ?

>   Thanks,

>   /Mark Rosenberg <21602MR@MSU.BITNET>

_PFS:First Choice_ is simple to use, comes with simple WP, spreadsheet, and
database programs.  It can produce ASCII text.  It's fairly inexpensive.  My
ten year old uses it for his school work.  I believe documents can be no more
than 50 pages in length.  Everything is menu driven!

If all you want is a simple editor, several are available thru anonymous FTP
sites, such as wuarchive.wustl.edu in the directory: mirrors/msdos/editor.

--

  DISCLAIMER?  I don't know anything 'bout any ol' disclaimer!

+=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
| David Rackley		        |                                             |
| Applied Research Laboratories |        Remember, you can tuna fish,         |
| The University of Texas       |         But you can't tuna piano!           |
| Austin, TX.  78758            |                                             |
+=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+

jamesb@bushido.uucp (Jim Harvey) (10/14/90)

In article <66821602MR@MSU> 21602MR@MSU.BITNET (Mark Rosenberg) writes:
>I am working on a research project and need a word processor for a T1000 class
>laptop (512/640K, 1 720K floppy), as far as features it really doesn't have to
>do a whole lot since I'll be transferring the files to a Mac for formatting and
>printing.  Any suggestions ?
>
>/Mark Rosenberg <21602MR@MSU.BITNET>

Sidekick has a useable small word processor included.  Many of the T1000s
came with Sidekick bundled.

--
-------
Jim Harvey                      |

lsh@polari.UUCP (--) (10/15/90)

Some reccos for mini word processors:

First, if you DO need a real wp, try LetterPerfect, a new baby version of               ly version of
WordPerfect 5.1 which does run on a single 720k diskette.  It produces
5.1 compatible files (which can be easily converted with Mac WordPerfect's
coversion program.  Second, if decent text editing is more what you need,
try VDE 1.54, a FREE ASCII editor which is small, fast, and writes and reads
WordPerfect 5.1 files and can even imitate some of it's function keys, and
I know this message is going to look REALLY strange, but I'm new to this and
don't have my vi pocket guide with me.  So sorry!                also uses WordStar commands and/or a menu.  Files limited to 64k.
:?
                                         .
     It will work on a single 720k drive