[comp.sys.laptops] UUCP on a PC

tn03@uafhcx.uucp (Tn3270 access) (11/16/90)

I want to run a uucp clone on a Toshiba 1000.  Any suggestions for a good
small package?

curci@ds1.scri.fsu.edu (Raymond Curci) (11/16/90)

In article <5542@uafhp.uark.edu> tn03@uafhcx.uucp (Tn3270 access) writes:

>I want to run a uucp clone on a Toshiba 1000.  Any suggestions for a good
>small package?

     There is a comercial package for MS-DOS called UULINK written by
Lauren Weinstein whose company I believe is called "VORTEX".  I believe
you can reach them as 'postmaster@vortex.uucp'.  There was a review of
this product about a year ago in UNIX World magazine.

     There is a less fancy public domain implementation called 'UUPC'.
You can probably find it on the archives at wsmr-simtel20.army.mil.

Ray Curci

--
Raymond Curci                     INTERNET: curci@mailer.scri.fsu.edu
Systems Engineer                  UUCP:     ...!uunet!mailer.scri.fsu.edu!curci