[comp.sys.laptops] Notebook comparisons

burch@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Stephen Burch ) (11/29/90)

In article <10096@bunny.GTE.COM> mto@GTE.COM (Tamer Ozsu) writes:
>Tandy with Toshiba and other, but Zeos 286 and the long-awaited Airis
>were absent from this discussion.
>
>1. How does Zeos 286 compare with the other notebooks?

	One of our staff received a Zeos-286 in mid-November.  We had
been leaning towards the Sharp notebook (6200 ?) and in fact had written
up the purchase order.  But when we realized we could get a Zeos for $1995
instead of $2800 (+250 for a floppy drive) for the Sharp, we cancelled
the paperwork.

	Now that we've played with the new "toy" we have two main
observations.  First, the Zeos-286 notebook's display is not as good as that
of the Sharp.  Second, we're really glad to have the 1.44 MB drive in
the Zeos notebook.

	We conclude that the built-in drive and $1000 savings were worth the
sacrifice in video quality.  We already have noticed that only 8 MB of the
20 MB hard drive are free though.  But, what do you expect for a $2000 notebook.

Steve Burch
Hydrogeologist