[comp.sys.laptops] Using Toshiba portables on airlines - the list.

tad@cel.co.uk (Tom Drynda) (12/21/90)

According to Toshiba's "In Touch" Magazine, Issue 1, the list of
airlines and whether they allow you to use your portable in the
cabin is as follows :

  Aer Lingus		Yes
  Air Europe		Yes
  Air France		No - because of the sensitivity
			     of the engineering system.
  Air New Zealand	At discretion of crew.
  Alitalia		No
  American Airlines	Yes
  Austrian Airlines	No
  British Airways	Yes
  Canadian Airlines	Yes
  El Al Israel Air	No
  Gardua Indonesia	Yes
  Iberia		At discretion of crew.
  Japan Air Lines	Yes
  KLM			No
  Lufthansa		At discretion of crew.
  North West Air	No
  Pan Am		Yes
  Quantas		Yes
  Sabena		Yes (LCD Display only)
  Scandinavian Air	Yes
  Swissair		Yes
  Tap Air Portugal	No
  TWA			Yes
  Varig			No
  Yugoslav Airlines	Yes
  United Airlines	Yes

Hope you find this information useful.

	Tom

                    Tom Drynda - tad@cel.co.uk      | Crosfield Electronics Ltd
  __/_________ /                                    | Three Cherry Trees Lane
   /  ,-.  ,--/  "Even with an IQ of six thousand,  | Hemel Hempstead
  /  ,--/ /  /    It was still brown trousers time" | Herts, HP2 7RH, England
 (_ (__/ (__/      - Holly, Red Dwarf's Computer.   | +44 442 230000 ext 3387

osm@ox.com (Owen Scott Medd) (12/21/90)

In article <7695@sunm101.cel.co.uk>, tad@cel.co.uk (Tom Drynda) writes:
|> According to Toshiba's "In Touch" Magazine, Issue 1, the list of
|> airlines and whether they allow you to use your portable in the
|> cabin is as follows :
|>
|>   [ ... ]
|>   North West Air	No

In the six months I've had my T1000SE I've never been stopped from
using it on a NorthWest flight.

Just a data point...

Owen
--
USMail:   OTA Limited Partnership, 101 N. Main, Suite 410, Ann Arbor, MI  48104
Phone:	  +1 313 930-1888	FAX:	+1 313 930-6636

userAKDU@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA (Al Dunbar) (12/24/90)

In article <7695@sunm101.cel.co.uk>, tad@cel.co.uk (Tom Drynda) writes:

>According to Toshiba's "In Touch" Magazine, Issue 1, the list of
>airlines and whether they allow you to use your portable in the
>cabin is as follows :
>
>  Aer Lingus            Yes
<<<deletions>>>
>  Canadian Airlines     Yes
<<<deletions>>>
>  United Airlines       Yes
>
>Hope you find this information useful.
>
>        Tom

Interesting - I recently flew Canadian Airlines, and asked.
The answer was "it's okay to take it as carry on, but you
can't use it". Actually, I lied, it was Time Air, a so-called
"Partner" of Canadian Airlines, but the ticket said Canadian.
Maybe I should point out this inconsistency in their service.

-------------------+-------------------------------------------
Al Dunbar          |
Edmonton, Alberta  |  "this mind left intentionally blank"
CANADA             |          - Manuel Writer
-------------------+-------------------------------------------

hadden@SRC.Honeywell.COM (George D. Hadden) (12/28/90)

  North West Air	No

i fly almost exclusively on northwest airlines and use my toshiba
1100+ on board all the time.

-geo
---
George D. Hadden, Honeywell Systems and Research Center
       Where "Research" is our middle name!
PHONE:  (612)782-7769    ARPA:   hadden@src.honeywell.com
MAIL:   3660 Technology Drive MN65-2100, Minneapolis, MN 55418