[comp.sys.laptops] Toshiba's "In Touch" Magazine

dhmst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Daniel H Marx) (01/04/91)

A while back, a posting mentioned a magazine from Toshiba called "In Touch".
Can anyone tell me more about this magazine?  What does it contain?  How can
I subscribe or get more information?  I called Toshiba but they didn't seem
to know anything about it.

coryc@sequent.UUCP (Cory Carpenter) (01/07/91)

In article <75209@unix.cis.pitt.edu> dhmst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Daniel H Marx) writes:

>A while back, a posting mentioned a magazine from Toshiba called "In Touch".
>Can anyone tell me more about this magazine?  What does it contain?  How can
>I subscribe or get more information?  I called Toshiba but they didn't seem
>to know anything about it.

The only Toshiba magazine I know about is "MicroLife," to which I
received a subscription when I bought my T1000.  It's about 50%
advertising for new Toshiba boxes and accessories, 25-30% articles on
how various individuals or groups use their Tosh laptops, and 20-25% on
upcoming hardware, workarounds for bugs, answers to user questions,
miscellaneous information on third-party vendors, and so forth.

The magazine's publication information says that it's distributed free
of charge to owners of Toshiba equipment, and doesn't mention anything
about the opportunity for buying subscriptions.  If you get in touch
with someone on the magazine staff, it seems likely that you should be
able to get your name on the mailing list.  (I've always found Toshiba
employees to be very cooperative and helpful in the past.)

Subscription address:
	Toshiba America Information System, Inc.
	Computer Systems Division
	MicroLife, Mail Station A121A
	9740 Irvine Boulevard
	Irvine, CA  92718

Another information source is the Toshiba BBS:
	(714) 837-4408 at 2400-N-8-1

-coryc

--
|    >> Disclaimer: I speak for Sequent only in our hardware manuals <<        |
| Cory R. Carpenter, Tech Writer |                                             |