[comp.sys.laptops] Zeos 386

mto@GTE.COM (Tamer Ozsu) (01/11/91)

Has anyone purchased a Zeos 386 yet? The last time I checked they were
still waiting for FCC approval.

=+Tamer
--
M. Tamer Ozsu				Telephone:	(617) 466-2098
GTE Laboratories			      Fax:	(617) 290-0628

tim@cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Tim Lowery) (01/12/91)

In <10359@bunny.GTE.COM> mto@GTE.COM (Tamer Ozsu) writes:

>Has anyone purchased a Zeos 386 yet? The last time I checked they were
>still waiting for FCC approval.

Are you talking about the new 386sx based notebook system?  If so, I would be
interested in any information people might have on this system.  At $2295
(as advertised in PC Magazine) this is a lot less expensive than other
386sx based notebooks (The Texas Instruments TravelMate 3000 goes for over
$4000!).  Has anyone out there dealt with Zeos?  Are they reliable?  Are
their products any good?  Any info would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tim
--
tim.lowery@SanDiego.NCR.COM

lsh@polari.UUCP (Lee Hauser) (01/13/91)

In article <10359@bunny.GTE.COM> mto@GTE.COM (Tamer Ozsu) writes:
>Has anyone purchased a Zeos 386 yet? The last time I checked they were
>still waiting for FCC approval.

I just received one that I bought on behalf of the senior partner of
the law firm I work for.  They were waiting for FCC approval but
shipped the first week in January, just as Zeos promised they would.

I was very impressed. The machine appears to be well-built.  The
screen (backlit LCD VGA) was very sharp and reasonably bright.  The
keyboard has slightly smaller than normal keys with nice response.
The layout is fairly standard (you do have to use the "fn" key to
access PgUp and PgDn).  The machine is as small and light-weight as
advertised.  Hard drive speed is very fast.  20mg is of course a
little small, but workable.  It really does have a 1.44mb floppy, as
well as a port for an external VGA monitor.  Included was an initialed
list of quality control points.  The battery is removable, of course.
VGA utilities and expanded memory manager are included.  Carrying case
was not.

I like the machine and would recommend it.  Wish I had the little over
$2000 it cost, I'd get one in a minute...

--
                  uw-beaver!sumax!polari!lsh -- lsh@polari