[comp.sys.laptops] HardCards in T3200SX

anderson@watserv1.waterloo.edu (G.Anderson - Computing Services) (01/23/91)

Anyone have experiences with putting HardCards into the Toshiba 3200SX
laptop?

These are the harddisk on a card that fit in the standard card slot.

gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (George Wang) (01/23/91)

In article <1991Jan22.184647.12765@watserv1.waterloo.edu> anderson@watserv1.waterloo.edu (G.Anderson - Computing Services) writes:
>Anyone have experiences with putting HardCards into the Toshiba 3200SX
>laptop?

I think the only hardcard that MIGHT fit in the Toshiba 3200sx
laptop is the PLUS DEVELOPMENT hardcard series... I think the
card will actually fit length-wise (It's a 13.4" inch card)
but I recall that the THICKNESS of the card (It's 1.1" thick)
might cause a problem... It gets really tight but I think
it will fit... But a problem of poor air circulation and heat
buildup may be a problem.... I've called Plus Development
about using their hardcards in the Toshiba laptops and they
said (at the time) that they have not tried it themselves and
thus, could not comment...

Hope that helps.
George
PS You may want to buy the card from someone who has a money-back
guarantee in case you run into size problems...

* George Wang - Computer Engineering                       T     T         *
* University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign               |  T  |         *
* INTERNET: gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu                       \_|_/          *
* UUCP: gargoyle!igloo!gwang  PH: (217) 332-4019              -            *