[comp.sys.laptops] Go

sas@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Scott Sutherland) (01/24/91)

According to Time magazine (Jan 28, p.88), a company called "Go" in
Foster City CA just announced a *really* interesting laptop.  It is just an LCD
screen and a stylus (no keyboard), running handwriting recognition sw.

Apparently, they don't plan to market the actual machine, but are licensing
their system (called PenPoint) to folks like IBM, Grid, and NCR.

Anybody have more info?  I would especially appreciate contact info.  Thanks
in advance!

Cheers,
Scott
---
Scott Sutherland  Internet: scott@dance.ohio-state.edu, AT&T Mail: !scottas
Staff Software Developer
The Ohio State University, Department of Dance

nather@ut-emx.uucp (Ed Nather) (01/25/91)

In article <87591@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>, sas@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Scott Sutherland) writes:

>According to Time magazine (Jan 28, p.88), a company called "Go" in
>Foster City CA just announced a *really* interesting laptop.  It is just an LCD
>screen and a stylus (no keyboard), running handwriting recognition sw.
>
> Anybody have more info?  I would especially appreciate contact info.  Thanks
> in advance!

The latest issue of Byte magazine has a long article on the Go laptop,
and on the PenPoint operating system (a superset of MS DOS) to run it.

Looks downright interesting.

--
Ed Nather
Astronomy Dept, U of Texas @ Austin