[comp.sys.laptops] Looking for laptop with separate page up/page down keys

rubin@ibm.com (Bill Rubin) (02/12/91)

I'm looking for a VGA laptop with page up/page down keys which do
not require you to shift to get to them (like the Compaq). The only
machines I have found with an acceptable keyboard is Toshiba's. Is
there anyone else out there that has as good a keyboard? Autoresume
is also important. 286 vs 386SX is not as important. Right now I am
leaning towards Toshiba's new 2000SX.

Thanks...

-- Bill

craig@synopsys.com (Craig Cochran) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb11.180359.21983@arnor.uucp> rubin@ibm.com (Bill Rubin) writes:
>I'm looking for a VGA laptop with page up/page down keys which do
>not require you to shift to get to them (like the Compaq). The only
>machines I have found with an acceptable keyboard is Toshiba's. Is
>there anyone else out there that has as good a keyboard? Autoresume
>is also important. 286 vs 386SX is not as important. Right now I am
>leaning towards Toshiba's new 2000SX.

The Bondwell B310 is a 286-based laptop with separate Page-Up and
Page-Down keys.  In fact, it has a very nice keyboard layout, although I
don't care for the tactile feel of the keys.

But, alas, it only has a CGA display...

--
Craig Cochran
Product Marketing Manager                email: craig@synopsys.com