[comp.sys.laptops] cure for Toshiba blues

dhmst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Daniel H Marx) (02/18/91)

The Toshiba 1200XE displays letters as black (actually blue) an
on a white background.  This looks very good in text mode.  Unfortunately
it persists in this adjustment even in graphics mode.  Therefore pictures
end up looking like negatives because what's white is black and vice versa.
Does anyone know of a software solution to this problem???m

Along the same lines, is there an archive of Toshiba related software
anywhere on the net that is reachable by FTP?  Thanks.

dan@rna.UUCP (Dan Ts'o) (02/18/91)

In article <92884@unix.cis.pitt.edu> dhmst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Daniel H Marx) writes:
)The Toshiba 1200XE displays letters as black (actually blue) an
)on a white background.  This looks very good in text mode.  Unfortunately
)it persists in this adjustment even in graphics mode.  Therefore pictures
)end up looking like negatives because what's white is black and vice versa.

	Isn't there an invert "video" mode on the 1200XE ? There is on the
T1000SE. I believe in the setup10, and maybe accessible elsewhere as well.

xiaoy@ecf.toronto.edu (XIAO Yan) (02/19/91)

In article <1087@rna.UUCP> dan@rna.UUCP (Root Beer) writes:
>In article <92884@unix.cis.pitt.edu> dhmst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Daniel H Marx) writes:
>)The Toshiba 1200XE displays letters as black (actually blue) an
>)on a white background.  This looks very good in text mode.  Unfortunately
>)it persists in this adjustment even in graphics mode.  Therefore pictures
>)end up looking like negatives because what's white is black and vice versa.
>
>	Isn't there an invert "video" mode on the 1200XE ? There is on the
>T1000SE. I believe in the setup10, and maybe accessible elsewhere as well.

FN+ESC will do.