[comp.sys.laptops] Theft worries

coryc@sequent.UUCP (Cory Carpenter) (02/21/91)

In article <#n2G$6cs@cs.psu.edu> cho@sol4.cs.psu.edu (Sehyeong Cho) writes:
>I finally got a laptop. I'm beginning to love it.
>But...
>Consider this.
>I'using my laptop in a cafeteria, and suddenly nature calls me.
>Should I take my laptop with me to the bathroom?
>Well, I should, it may dissappear in a flash.
>
>Any good idea?
>
>--
>                      |  Yesterday I was a student.
>     Sehyeong Cho     |  Today I am a student.
>     cho@cs.psu.edu   |  Tomorrow I'll probably still be a student.
>                      |  Sigh.. There's so little hope for advancement.

I haven't been following the consumer computer market (let alone the
current laptop market) for a couple years, but there used to be
something called a "computer leash" or something like that.

It was something like a bicycle lock, and would let you lock your
laptop to the table leg, etc. while you answer nature's call (or check
references in the library, or whatever.

I considered buying one for awhile, but it required some sort of
permanent installation on the computer (some sort of double-stick
tape/super glue arrangement, as I recall).

-coryc

--
|    >> Disclaimer: I speak for Sequent only in our hardware manuals <<        |
| Cory R. Carpenter, Tech Writer |                                             |