[comp.sys.laptops] T1000LE

a577@mindlink.UUCP (Curt Sampson) (10/17/90)

> portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) writes:
>
> At this point its cheaper for me to buy an external floppy for my
> T1000XE (for not so vast amounts of money, even at Toshiba prices)
> than it is for me to upgrade to a T1000LE.  And I can do so without
> making the machine any heavier when I travel.

I think that an external floppy and an internal hard drive is the way to go,
too.  Unfortunately, the external floppy drives for the Toshiba are still a
little on the expensive side.

Does anybody have a pinout for the 3.5" floppy port on the side of the T1000XE?
Is it possible to buy a drive, connector and cable, put it together, and hook
it up?

cjs
--
Curt_Sampson@mindlink.UUCP                     (Vancouver, B.C., Canada)
{uunet|ubc-cs}!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Curt_Sampson   Data: (604) 687-6736

portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) (10/17/90)

> [Note: the T1000SE has a 3.5" floppy drive, and the T1000XE has a
>  20MB hard disk.  Until the release of the LE, the 1000 series hasn't
>  a machine that has, built in, both a hard disk and floppy disk, though
>  third parties can 'make it so' for relatively vast amounts of money.]

I'm not sure what benefit there is of having both a hard disk and a
floppy built in, unless you like carrying around the extra weight for
both at the same time.

I really can't think of any time I would want to have a built-in
floppy while I'm on the go.  It would be useful to have a floppy when
the machine is in some stationary location, though.  A built-in hard
disk and an external floppy makes a lot more sense to me.

At this point its cheaper for me to buy an external floppy for my
T1000XE (for not so vast amounts of money, even at Toshiba prices)
than it is for me to upgrade to a T1000LE.  And I can do so without
making the machine any heavier when I travel.

			--M
--
__
\/  Michael Portuesi   Silicon Graphics, Inc.   portuesi@sgi.com

    Integration, not segregation or assimilation.

stellabo@gene.cshl.org (Fred Stellabotte At Cold Spring Harbor Lab) (02/20/91)

I just purchased a T1000LE ... I love it except for one
small problem ... If I fully charge it and then don't use it
for 2 days .. the battery drains down ..

Is this normal ....??

Fred J. Stellabotte
stellabo@cshl.org

dlow@pollux.svale.hp.com (Danny Low) (02/23/91)

>I just purchased a T1000LE ... I love it except for one
>small problem ... If I fully charge it and then don't use it
>for 2 days .. the battery drains down ..
>
>Is this normal ....??

No. My experience is about 4-5 days. According to Toshiba this is normal
for this machine. Two days is too short.

Danny Low