[comp.sys.laptops] Bundled MS-Works for T1000 Wanted

jstone@world.std.com (Jeffrey R Stone) (02/27/91)

Do you have a copy of the Microsoft Works diskette that used to come
bundled with Toshiba 1000 laptops?  Would you be willing to send me
a copy?

I received one with T100 but I had no use for it at the time,
and in the excitement of playing with my new toy, I re-used the disk it
was shipped on.  Now I'd like to take a look at it for a potential
reccomendation to a friend.  If you'd be willing to send me a copy,
please let me know.  I'm willing to pay postage, supply the diskette,
etc.

Thanks.

-jeff-
jstone@world.std.com
508-263-8222

pwong@theory.tn.cornell.edu (Patrick Wong) (02/27/91)

In article <1991Feb27.123804.23891@world.std.com> jstone@world.std.com (Jeffrey R Stone) writes:

>Do you have a copy of the Microsoft Works diskette that used to come
>bundled with Toshiba 1000 laptops?  Would you be willing to send me
>a copy?
>
>I received one with T100 but I had no use for it at the time,
>and in the excitement of playing with my new toy, I re-used the disk it
>was shipped on.  Now I'd like to take a look at it for a potential
>reccomendation to a friend.  If you'd be willing to send me a copy,
>please let me know.  I'm willing to pay postage, supply the diskette,
>etc.

Since every copy of MS-Works that bundled with T1000 is a licensed copy,
the proper procedure for you is to call up Toshiba and tell them the
software is erased by mistake.  They will ask you to send the original
diskette in.  When they receive it, they will re-make a copy on the
original diskette and send it back to you via NEXT DAY AIR!!  The reason
for asking the customer to send back the original diskette is obviously
that they want to make sure you are a licensed customer of the software
and the proof is the serial number on the original diskette.

This is exactly what happened when I meshed up my MS-DOS 3.3 original
diskette that comes with my T1000SE.

>Thanks.

You are welcome!

>-jeff-