[comp.sys.laptops] Toshiba 1000SE

davidf@colnago.wpd.sgi.com (David Fenstemaker) (06/04/90)

Can anyone send me the phone number for the Toshiba 1000SE
diskette cable problems? I lost it and my system serial number
starts with 020...

Thanks,

David

pwong@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Patrick Wong) (06/04/90)

In article <61513@sgi.sgi.com> davidf@colnago.wpd.sgi.com (David Fenstemaker) writes:
>Can anyone send me the phone number for the Toshiba 1000SE
>diskette cable problems? I lost it and my system serial number
>starts with 020...
>
>Thanks,
>David

The no. is 1-800-999-4273 and you will have to go through the voice menu
-choose the "product support for current owner" (or something like that).

My SE serial no. starts with 010.  I elected to fix it myself and Toshiba
sent me a how-to-do-it booklet.  I corrected the problem in 10 min.

(Well, actually less than that.  But I would not loose this opportunity
to look the the wonders inside this mahcine)

Patrick Wong

pcw@squid.graphics.cornell.edu

cbl@uihepa.hep.uiuc.edu (Chris Luchini) (03/08/91)

Can someone please either post, or send me email with
the name of the place that had T1000SE's for ~$750,
I seem to remember that someone claimed that they
were being advertised in the New York Times for
that price, but I've looked for the past two days
and couldn't find an add that listed them.
-c

| Chris Luchini/1110 W. Green/Urbana IL 61801/217-333-0505                |
| cbl@uihepa.hep.uiuc.edu  (best) |Cluch@fnald.bitnet (second chance)     |